Monday, 24 November 2008

EV is having her teeth brushed

Okay, so she hasn't actually got teeth.

When I visited the dentist last week, my private and pricey Dental Hygienist and I had a conversation along the lines of:

He: At baby's bedtime, when you are brushing her teeth...
Me: ??
He: (rather mockingly, I thought) You don't brush her teeth, do you?
Me: (quite defensive) She hasn't got any!
He: {sigh} Well, you still need to brush them...

He went on to explain that it is a good idea to get her used to having the toothbrush in her mouth and that I'll thank him when she's teething because it will help the teeth come through. Well, I'm not one to argue with a dental hygienist, I always feel slightly like a naughty schoolgirl who hasn't done my homework around them, so EV is now having her gums brushed nightly.

Actually, when she's not trying to suck/lick the toothbrush, EV does seem to enjoy it.

No comments:

Followers